Noopl pairs with AirPods Pro to allow clearer hearing in noisy places. Because many people rely on their Noopl to keep connected with others in their everyday lives, it can be borderline catastrophic when either or both devices get(s) lost. Recently, we covered Apple’s updates to its Separation Alerts feature and how to set it to find your AirPods Pro when you lose or leave them behind in a restaurant or conference room. But what do you do when you misplace them inside your own home, car or office? We have an answer for that, too.
Before the October 2021 firmware update, you could prompt your missing AirPods Pro to make a sound to help you locate them, but you were out of luck if they were out of Bluetooth range. Now the FIND MY feature is able to provide an approximate location for your AirPods Pro so that you can get within Bluetooth range in order to find them.
Updating Your AirPods Pro Firmware
In order to update, you need AirPods Pro firmware 4A400 or later, which you can confirm with the following steps:
- Connect your AirPods Pro to your iOS device
- Open SETTINGS
- Select GENERAL
- Select ABOUT
- Select AirPods
- Find your Firmware Version number
Next, after fully charging your AirPods Pro case, put your AirPods Pro inside and connect it to a power source with the Lightning cable. Making sure that it is connected to the internet, move the device that your AirPods Pro are paired with near the case. Any available software updates should automatically begin downloading.
Locating Your AirPods Pro
- Open the FIND MY feature on your Apple device
- Select your AirPods Pro in the list of devices
- Select FIND
- Wait while your device connects to the FIND MY network, then follow the onscreen prompts.
- Move around until you get a signal from your AirPods Pro. When you are in close proximity, your screen will turn blue and you’ll receive indications that you are “near,” “far” or “here,” relative to your headphones. If you still can’t find them, select PLAY SOUND at the bottom right of your screen so that you can hear them.
Note that if you keep your AirPods Pro in your Noopl carrying case, you will find your Noopl as well!